> Hi Loren,
>
> I did the test and unfortunately my FuzzyOcr (3.5.1) was bitten
> by that spam image.

The normal scan setups for FuzzyOCR don't rotate the images, so will in all
probability miss a rotated image like this. These were quite popular for a
while and a couple of people developed scansets that contained rotation as
one of the preprocessing steps. I don't seem to have saved any of the
messages relating to that thread. As best I recall they found that rotating
8 degrees or so worked well. Or maybe it was 18.

You can probably find info on the FuzzyOcr mailing list: