Diego Pomatta wrote on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:37:27 -0300:

> I always considered it to be more efficient this way, would this be correct?

It's a matter of trust. If you trust the RBL to produce an insignificant
amount of false positives for you then rejecting at MTA level is the best
thing you can do. I do it the same way. But there are people/companies who
think they cannot even afford a single FP, so they cannot do this. Some also
use RBLs as a source of greylisting which is a very good compromise.
BTW: you should use zen and not xbl+sbl, anymore, visit the spamhaus.org site.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany