Chuck Payne wrote:

> > * Chuck Payne :
> >>

> >> I got a question... this keeps popping up in my log and I have tried to
> >> google it, and haven't found an answer on how to fix it.
> >>
> >> Jul
> >> 27 02:49:40 magi spamd[4980]: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line,
> >> "/home/spamd/bayes" is not valid for "bayes_path",
> >> skipping: bayes_path /home/spamd/bayes
> >> Jul 27 02:49:40 magi
> >> spamd[4980]: config: failed to parse line, skipping: folder_header 1
> >>
> >> That path does exist, so I am wondering why it's saying that.

> > Is /home/spamd/bayes a file or a directory?

It should be neither.

> Directory.

Which is incorrect. perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf...

bayes_path /path/filename (default: ~/.spamassassin/bayes)
This is the directory and filename for Bayes databases. Several
databases will be created, with this as the base directory and
filename, with "_toks", "_seen", etc. appended to the base. The
default setting results in files called "~/.spamassas-
sin/bayes_seen", "~/.spamassassin/bayes_toks", etc.