On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, jdow wrote:

> With snail mail it is nigh on to impossible to interrupt the
> reception process and reject a piece of mail. I simply place it
> into the trash on my way into the house. (Some things, like
> unwanted subscription offers or credit card offers, I tear in
> half. One half goes out this week in recylecables and the other
> goes out next week in the cat poop.)

You feed credit card solicitations to your cats? How cruel! How much
penance must they do for peeing on the couch?

> I've been tempted more than once to respond to somebody's
> challenge and then forward a week's worth of spam to them as
> punishment. That's also too much work.

That's what scripting languages were invented for.

Where We Want You To Go Today 07/05/07: Microsoft patents in-OS
adware architecture incorporating spyware, profiling, competitor
suppression and delivery confirmation (U.S. Patent #20070157227)
11 days until The 272nd anniversary of John Peter Zenger's acquittal