There are a number of qmail specific programs that use clamav other
than qmail-scanner (which, based on a quick skim of their page,
doesn't seem to support SMTP-time rejection). The ClamAV website has
several alternatives, a couple of which appear to do SMTP-time
rejection, listed at
http://www.clamav.net/download/third.../3rdparty-mta/

Hope that helps...

--
Public key #7BBC68D9 at | Shane Williams
http://pgp.mit.edu/ | System Admin - UT iSchool