There are a number of qmail specific programs that use clamav other
than qmail-scanner (which, based on a quick skim of their page,
doesn't seem to support SMTP-time rejection). The ClamAV website has
several alternatives, a couple of which appear to do SMTP-time
rejection, listed at

Hope that helps...

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007, Robert - eLists wrote:

> Would anyone care to share their experiences of migrating from having their
> pre MTA program handoff to clamav for email virus scanning changed to doing
> it with the SA ClamAV plugin way ???
> The reason I am thinking about migrating and doing it with the SA ClamAV
> plugin way is that I can just reject the email at the SMTP level instead of
> storing it as a quarantine...
> Well, at least I haven't figured out how to do smtp reject the other way
> yet.
> Thanks in advance
> - rh

Public key #7BBC68D9 at | Shane Williams | System Admin - UT iSchool
All syllogisms contain three lines |
Therefore this is not a syllogism |