--------------020401030505040400070604

Hi JT,

There is the expectation that if the author requested that a PDF not be
copied, then the PDF is not to be copied. This is done by a password
protecting mechanism when the PDF is saved and exists in the PDF file.
The author of Xpdf makes his position known on subverting this feature:

http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/cracking.html

So, although our goal is just, and I don't believe we are "copying" the
PDF against the spirit of this feature, I don't feel I can point out
which lines to delete in the pdftotext.cc file before recompiling it .

Maybe others can offer this info, or Google can help. For example :

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Adobe/Gal...-removed.patch

JES

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Adobe/Gallery/xpdf-0.93-ro-removed.patch

JES

JT DeLys wrote, on 17/07/07 10:23 PM:
cite="midb0d5658c0707171823x42c3292fgd9cc8dc711960851@ma il.gmail.com"
type="cite">

style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">Simple