On 7/13/2007 11:04 AM, arni wrote:
> From large providers i sometimes recieve messages through encrypted
> smtp, the header looks smth like this (qmail):
>
> ... with (AES256-SHA encrypted) SMTP; ...
>

> Would it be a good idea to give a minimal negative score on this -0.1 or
> -0.2 if this happens on the last hop? - It proves that the sending smtp
> server is very protocol sane, which spambots are usually not.

It's a good idea to look at last-hop transfer and see if it used STARTTLS,
if the certificate was valid, etc., and is something I've got on my to-do
list for future development.

The big problem is that there is no real standard and every MTA records
the details differently.

--
Eric A. Hall http://www.ehsco.com/
Internet Core Protocols http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/coreprot/