That only solved it for a short period of time, and it started happening
again. Now that method doesn't work at all. Has anyone had any problems
with spamc/spamd similar to this?

eventhorizon5 wrote:
> We found the problem. The machine we're using is an LDAP client for all
> ~8000 users, and it seems that spamc/spamd is failing if the username is
> not cached in nscd - simply typing "ls -l /home" solves it temporarily
> until the cache timeout, since all objects are then cached. We fixed this
> by running that command via a cron script every 15 minutes. So would this
> be a bug in spamassassin?

Ryan Thoryk
System Administrator
onShore Networks, LLC
1407 West Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60622

Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users mailing list archive at