Without diving too deep into this can of worms I'd like to point out
that rejecting mail due to SPF fails is a whole different ball-game-of-
wax than accepting mail due to an SPF pass -- the limitations related
to forwarding are well known, but orthogonal to whitelisting, which is
what this thread was originally about... A domain whitelist
(reputation) is useful whether the (authentication/authorization)
mechanism is SPF or DKIM or PTR.