On Wednesday 11 July 2007, SARE Webmaster wrote:
> There has been discussion of taking down the public site, opening
> something new ( private access, invite only, acl by ip, etc), in hopes
> to avoid ddos and provide better services, more requent rule updates,
> and so on. =A0 =A0 We are trying our best to keep it alive, but there is
> only so much we can do with the limited time and resources we have.

How about releasing the ruleset via torrent or something similar. Anything=
that you could do to distribute the load and location would make a ddos=20
attack less effective. While there might not be a lot of people on this lis=
who can use their server to take on the entire DDOS for you, there are a LO=
of servers here that could participate in a pool.

Maybe a DNS round robin?

Just some ideas.

Phil Barnett
SKCC #600