We found the problem. The machine we're using is an LDAP client for all
~8000 users, and it seems that spamc/spamd is failing if the username is not
cached in nscd - simply typing "ls -l /home" solves it temporarily until the
cache timeout, since all objects are then cached. We fixed this by running
that command via a cron script every 15 minutes. So would this be a bug in

Ryan Thoryk
System Administrator
onShore Networks, LLC
1407 West Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60622

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Random-spamc-c...html#a11544409
Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.