carnold5@nc.rr.com wrote:
> This produces:
> [20090] dbg: replacetags: done replacing tags
> [20090] dbg: bayes: tie-ing to DB file R/O
> /var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
> [20090] dbg: bayes: tie-ing to DB file R/O

Here you have your problem!
Seems like you have messed up the file rights on
/var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/*
You'd better check that it is "nobody" who is the owner!
> /var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
> [20090] dbg: bayes: found bayes db version 0
> bayes: bayes db version 0 is not able to be used, aborting! at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 196.
> [20090] dbg: config: score set 1 chosen.
> [20090] dbg: bayes: tie-ing to DB file R/O
> /var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
> [20090] dbg: bayes: tie-ing to DB file R/O
> /var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
> [20090] dbg: bayes: found bayes db version 0
> bayes: bayes db version 0 is not able to be used, aborting! at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 196.
> ERROR: Bayes dump returned an error, please re-run with -D for more
> information
>

>> And you have to make sure that "nobody" has read/write access to the
>> Bayes database/file(s) as well!
>>

> Checking this now, will report back

See my answer above, I beleive it has all to do with the rights!
>> Found a few other mails from you, are you running Bayes DB in MySQL?
>> Then you should have this line in your local.cf as well
>> bayes_sql_override_username nobody
>>

> I am trying to have bayes in mysql but have not done this until the db
> version thing is corrected. I do have override_username nobody in the
> local.cf
> Just in case you did not see the other posting:
> Here's
> what we did:
> upgraded to 3.2.1 from 3.1.1. We installed 3.1.1, long ago, from a rpm
> created from the tarball. When we went to upgrade to 3.2.1, we created a
> rpm from tarball; this created 2 rpm's 1 called perl-mail-spamassassin
> and 1 called spamassassin. Perl-mail-spamassassin installed fine but
> spamassassin rpm failed (see earlier thread for the specifics). So, we
> installed from source. This is when we get the bayes db version 0.

The parameter "bayes_sql_override_username" only applies when you in
fact have the Bayes stored in *SQL

I had a few issues when I had my Bayes stored in the filesystem,
but after I switched to MySQL storage, I have never encountered any
problem with it anymore!
My problem was that when I had a few scripts running through Cron,
the file(s) where changing ownership and then I had problems!

The best guess here, is that you run your "sa-learn --spam * / sa-learn
--ham *" as root or so,
and from there you have messed up the ownership of the file(s)!

/Micke