carnold5@nc.rr.com wrote:
> Theo Van Dinter wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 02:53:56PM -0400, carnold5@nc.rr.com wrote:
>>
>>> I am still getting bayes version 0 aborting error. can someone help with
>>> this?
>>>

>> [...]
>>
>>> 0.000 0 3 0 non-token data: bayes db version
>>> 0.000 0 2044 0 non-token data: nspam
>>>

>> [...]
>>
>> Are you sure that "sa-learn" and spamd are using the same DB? Are
>>

> there any
>
>> errors when spamd attempts to use the DB?
>>

> How would i know if "sa-learn" and spamd are using the same DB? Here's
> what we did:
> upgraded to 3.2.1 from 3.1.1. We installed 3.1.1, long ago, from a rpm
> created from the tarball. When we went to upgrade to 3.2.1, we created a
> rpm from tarball; this created 2 rpm's 1 called perl-mail-spamassassin
> and 1 called spamassassin. Perl-mail-spamassassin installed fine but
> spamassassin rpm failed (see earlier thread for the specifics). So, we
> installed from source. This is when we get the bayes db version 0.

Run "sa-learn" as nobody!
I.e.
su - nobody
sa-learn --dump magic

That will give you the information of the Bayes table as nobody.

And you have to make sure that "nobody" has read/write access to the
Bayes database/file(s) as well!
Found a few other mails from you, are you running Bayes DB in MySQL?
Then you should have this line in your local.cf as well
bayes_sql_override_username nobody

/Micke