On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 at 16:04 +0100, nigel@blue-canoe.com confabulated:

> Hi All,
>
> Apologies if this has been mentioned and I've missed it, but....
>
> I noted today that since upgrading from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 bayes stopped
> working, or rather, bayes started ignoring the username etc passed
> from the local.cf.
>
> Using bayes_sql_override_username has resolved the issue. My worry is
> that this is a complete reversal of all previous versions of SA. I am
> not sure if it's something I've done wrong (entirely possible) or if
> it's an inherent problem. Either way, for those running 3.2.1 check
> your bayes stuff.
>
> To complicate matters further, it will --lint correctly. I only
> noticed after a few spam got through and noticed they had no bayes
> test header.
>
> Hope that helps someone else.
>
> If I've been a muppet I'm sure someone will let me know soon enough
> :-D
>
> Kind regards
>
> Nigel

Works fine here. I upgraded from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 without any issues. The
following local.cf config has never changed since I first installed SA
back on version 3.1.8:

bayes_store_module Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::MySQL
bayes_sql_dsn DBI:mysql:spamass:localhost:3306
bayes_sql_username username
bayes_sql_password password

I have bayes turned off in local.cf and leave the option up to our
customers if they want it turned on or not. The same holds true for
autolearning. I see several logs where bayes has autolearned messages as
ham/spam. I also have logs that show customers reporting messages to be
learned as ham/spam.

-----
_|_
(_| |