--nextPart3397387.vCYUSEI7kL

Am Sonntag, 8. Juli 2007 15:20 schrieb Mikael Syska:
> Hi,

Hello Mikael,

thank you for the answer.
I just wondered why rhyolite suggest on their website to enable dccifd when=
=20
used with spamassassin.=20
To me it seams as though spamassassin uses allways dccproc. And it competes=
=20
with dccifd.=20
I just want to know what happens there and why I get these errors.

Greetings
Stefan

> from the mailscanner page:
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.ph...i_spam:spamas=

sass
>inlugins:dcc:dccifd_install&do=3Ddiff1162335096
>
> Dccifd(8) is similar to dccproc but is not run separately for each mail
> message and so is far more efficient. It receives mail messages via=

> socket somewhat like dccm, but with a simpler protocol that can be
> used by Perl scripts or other programs.
>
> Vernon Schryver
>
> dccproc involves a fork() and exec() and then sending the message through
> a pipe to the child process and receiving the answer.
> dccifd need only send the message over UNIX domain socket to a daemon
> and receiving the answer.
>
> Dccproc must open, validate, and mmap() the whiteclnt and whiteclnt.dccw
> files, while dccifd caches open files and mmap() regions.
> Dccproc also creates creates a socket to talk to the DCC server while
> dccifd caches open sockets.
>
> Hopes that answers your question ... so if you have a smal mail gw ... I
> dont see the point in running the daemon, if there are plenty of resource=

s.