Am Sonntag, 8. Juli 2007 15:20 schrieb Mikael Syska:
> Hi,

Hello Mikael,

thank you for the answer.
I just wondered why rhyolite suggest on their website to enable dccifd when=
used with spamassassin.=20
To me it seams as though spamassassin uses allways dccproc. And it competes=
with dccifd.=20
I just want to know what happens there and why I get these errors.

> from the mailscanner page:
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.ph...i_spam:spamas=

> Dccifd(8) is similar to dccproc but is not run separately for each mail
> message and so is far more efficient. It receives mail messages via=

> socket somewhat like dccm, but with a simpler protocol that can be
> used by Perl scripts or other programs.
> Vernon Schryver
> dccproc involves a fork() and exec() and then sending the message through
> a pipe to the child process and receiving the answer.
> dccifd need only send the message over UNIX domain socket to a daemon
> and receiving the answer.
> Dccproc must open, validate, and mmap() the whiteclnt and whiteclnt.dccw
> files, while dccifd caches open files and mmap() regions.
> Dccproc also creates creates a socket to talk to the DCC server while
> dccifd caches open sockets.
> Hopes that answers your question ... so if you have a smal mail gw ... I
> dont see the point in running the daemon, if there are plenty of resource=

> // ouT
> Stefan Jakobs wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I'm using Spamassassin 3.1.8 with amavisd-new 2.3.3 and postfix 2.4.3 on
> > a mailrelay. Some days ago I installed a new version of DCC. And saw in
> > the installation instructions that I should enable dccifd if I use
> > spamassassin. So I did. Now I get the following errors in my logs:
> >
> > Jul 6 00:27:21 testserv dccifd[28725]: something running with socket
> > at /var/dcc/dccifd; fatal error
> > Jul 6 00:27:21 testserv dccifd[9824]: truncated request
> > Jul 6 01:27:16 testserv dccifd[31941]: getpwnam(490): No such file or
> > directory
> >
> > Is it really necessary to enable dccifd? If yes, what will I do to avoid
> > these errors?
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Bye
> > Stefan

Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQBGkQ9pBiHtkFOLX+gRAlXnAJ9iMrVyqWxbI31Gj0cvA2 Ff+1pO8wCfXeSr