This may have already been addressed, but is there a released rule set
or add-on that would help in identifying these type of stock spam
emails?

We use MailScanner 4.59.4 (MailScanner-v: 3.002000 Mail::SpamAssassin),
SpamAssassin 3.2 (SpamAssassin -V), Perl 5.8.5, DCC, Pyzor. We run
sa-update and RulesDuJour for automatic updates.

We turned off Razor since it was causing delays in processing mail.

In MailScanner, we turned off SpamHaus since we process too much email -
it appears it was just raising the score of high spam: 'Spam List =3D
SBL+XBL'

We also use milter-greylist during the hours of 10 PM and 5 AM. We use
milter-null (snert) to reduce bounce backs.

We receive about 300k emails a day with about 70% identified as spam.
We deliver about 5% of the suspected spam (score below 5).

We added URIBL checks to our mailscanner.cf file:

urirhssub URIBL_BLACK multi.uribl.com. A 2
body URIBL_BLACK eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_BLACK')
describe URIBL_BLACK Contains an URL listed in the URIBL
blacklist
tflags URIBL_BLACK net
score URIBL_BLACK 3.0

urirhssub URIBL_GREY multi.uribl.com. A 4
body URIBL_GREY eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_GREY')
describe URIBL_GREY Contains an URL listed in the URIBL greylist
tflags URIBL_GREY net
score URIBL_GREY 0.25

I am considering adding the botnet plugin from:
http://people.ucsc.edu/~jrudd/spamassassin/Botnet.tar and possibly
adding fake MX entries.

We use BAYES, but we don't feed spam or ham so it may have little help.

Here are the cf files we use in /etc/mail/spamassassin:

00_FVGT_File001.cf 70_sare_highrisk.cf 70_sare_stocks.cf
72_sare_bml_post25x.cf bogus-virus-warnings.cf random.cf
70_sare_adult.cf 70_sare_html0.cf 70_sare_unsub.cf
72_sare_redirect_post3.0.0.cf chickenpox.cf sa-update-keys
70_sare_bayes_poison_nxm.cf 70_sare_html_eng.cf 70_sare_uri0.cf
88_FVGT_body.cf init.pre tripwire.cf
70_sare_evilnum0.cf 70_sare_obfu0.cf 70_sare_uri_eng.cf
88_FVGT_rawbody.cf local.cf v310.pre
70_sare_genlsubj0.cf 70_sare_oem.cf 70_sare_whitelist.cf
88_FVGT_subject.cf mailscanner.cf v312.pre
70_sare_genlsubj_eng.cf 70_sare_random.cf
70_sare_whitelist_rcvd.cf 88_FVGT_uri.cf mangled.cf
v320.pre
70_sare_header0.cf 70_sare_specific.cf
70_sare_whitelist_spf.cf 99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf pdfinfo.cf
weeds.cf
70_sare_header_eng.cf 70_sare_spoof.cf 70_zmi_german.cf
bakerbotts.cf popcorn_new.cf

Any input on our configuration would be appreciated - this is a great
forum!

Donald

Donald Dawson
Security Administrator
Baker Botts L.L.P.
713-229-2183

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:08:48 +0200
From: Curry
To: donald.dawson@bakerbotts.com
Subject: isolated W