>>If you build the tarball you will have a spamassassin rpm and a
> perl-Mail-spamassassin rpm.
> This is correct; i have a perl-mail-spamassassin rpm
>
>>I might be behind where you are in the process, but first try this

>>1) Stop postifx, amavis, and spamassassin
>>) Using Yast unistall all the spamassassin and perl-*-spamassassin rpms
>>from the database.
>>3) Using Yast re-install only SLES9 SA rpms. Do not remove your pre
>> files
>>SA 2.6 will only use what it needs.
>>4) See if you can start or call SA with this install first.
>>5) Post back any problems you have.

> Doing this gives this error when starting spamd from the CLI:
> shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
> parent directories: No such file or directory
> Starting spamd done
> There is no reference of spamd in yast>runlevel editor.
> Also, spamassassin --lint produces:
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 163.
> Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 282.
> Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 172.
> Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm line 1000.
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm line 1001.
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 163.
> Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 282.
> Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line 172.
> Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm line 1000.
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm line 1001.
>
>>I run SLES 10 so I do not have rpms for 9. Check out Ander's site at
>>Norrbring consulting I believe he supports SLES9 still.

> I went to that site but i can not read that language. Do you have a
> direct link? Thanks for all your help!

The link to Anders site is ftp://ftp.norrbring.com/pub/linux/inst-source/
which is written in English. However we need to get your base install
running before we upgrade.

Could you please let me know how you call spamd, I am taking it that you
do this via postfix master.cf and are not running amavis. What user does
spamd run as? It looks like this user cannot access the needed
directories when spamd is attempting to start. We need to get spamd
started correctly then we can addrss the Perl problems.

Sorry for my late repsonses; its a holiday here in the US and I am not at
my office computer.

Also another user posited that the rpm builds of SA from tarballs will not
work with SLES. They actually will, but you have to "trick" Yast to use
them directly.

Cheers.