This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Content-disposition: inline

John D. Hardin wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 wrote:
>> I downloaded the traball and made a rpm; which created
>> perl-spamassassin.rpm and mail-spamassassin.rpm. I installed
>> perl-spamassassin first using yast and then spamassassin using
>> yast. The spamassassin rpm failed to installed but when i do a rpm
>> -qa spamassassin it shows both 3.1 and 3.2 installed.

> I assume you provided the "upgrade" option on the command line? You
> can install multiple versions of the same package if you're not
> careful.
> This should do it:
> rpm -Uvh *spamassassin*3.2*.rpm
>> I look in /etc/mail/spamassassin and all the 3.1 files are still
>> there along with 3.2pre file.

> What does "spamassassin --debug --lint" say about the version?
>> Should i uninstall and then reinstall and if i do this, what will
>> happen to all the existing rules and what-not?

> You should know what custom rules you've installed. They should be
> copied somewhere safe and/or checked into revision control (learn
> RCS. live RCS.) and should be easy to reinstall if needed.
> It won't hurt to uninstall all of the SA RPMs and reinstall just the
> latest one.
> The rites of initiation continue...
> --
> John Hardin KA7OHZ
> FALaholic #11174 pgpk -a
> key: 0xB8732E79 -- 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> It there a Special Olympics for terrorists going on in the UK this
> week? -- Bruce Schneier, 07/02/2007
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Tomorrow: The 231st anniversary of the Declaration of Independence

Wow! I have installed from source, i have installed from rpm and i have
found out that installing from cpan does not work with suse/SLES9. I
have re-downloaded the tarball and the zip file. I have rebuilt the rpm
using rpmbuild -tb and nothing is working. I have installed
from the install discs which installs Sa 2.64 and used the "upgrade"
option, when installing from rpm, i always get this:
> ---
> error: %post(spamassassin-3.2.1-1) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
> 2007-07-03 21:41:52 perl-Mail-SpamAssassin.rpm installed ok
> 2007-07-03 21:43:16 spamassassin.rpm install failed
> rpm output:
> spamassassin 0ff 1ff 2ff 3n 4ff 5n
> 6ff/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.97155: line 13: /sbin/service: No such file
> or directory
> warning: waiting to reestablish exclusive database lock
> error: %post(spamassassin-3.2.1-1) scriptlet failed, exit status 127

Content-type: text/x-vcard; name=""; charset=windows-1252
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Content-disposition: attachment; filename=""
Content-description: Card for

fn:Arnold, Chris