Justin Mason schrieb:
> Henrik Krohns writes:
>> On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 10:08:29AM +0100, Justin Mason wrote:
>>> Bear in mind that the spammer who is developing this PDF spam is only one
>>> person, and he/she probably has at least one non-spammy-looking email
>>> address at his disposal.
>>>
>>> What's to spot him/her from asking Dallas for a copy of the ruleset and
>>> plugin, same as any other SpamAssassin user, waiting a few days to cover
>>> his/her tracks, then fixing the spam to avoid it again?
>>>
>>> And if you think this isn't already happening, I have a bridge for sale

>> If I was a spammer, I couldn't care less if few people were using some
>> secret PDF blocking stuff. It's not like AOL or some big companies are using
>> it.

> oh yeah -- good point. On one occasion in the past when spammers have
> evaded open-source-developed rules, I was able to find out later why they
> made those changes, and it had nothing to do with our little open source
> projects... instead it was to evade AOL's independently-developed,
> closed-source, secret-sauce filtering which used a similar method.
> The big guys are the spammers' targets.
>
> --j.

Hi, i have the pdf rules up and running
they are working nice.
But i didnt recieved any pdf spam since days.
On our big back mx mail hub , clam ( with some additional databases)
gets delete ca.
10 of them a day.

I think we will see other spam in the future
in other file sorts, and it will always be a competition
between spammers and antispam tecs.
I think we will never avoid spam in total as long smtp
stays for mail, but we can make more difficult for spammers
to reach there goals , so i recommend take it easy, no need for
flames between the good boys

http://sanesecurity.co.uk/ is working nice if youre in pressure
with pdf spam

- --