Bear in mind that the spammer who is developing this PDF spam is only one
person, and he/she probably has at least one non-spammy-looking email
address at his disposal.

What's to spot him/her from asking Dallas for a copy of the ruleset and
plugin, same as any other SpamAssassin user, waiting a few days to cover
his/her tracks, then fixing the spam to avoid it again?

And if you think this isn't already happening, I have a bridge for sale

--j.