--Boundary_(ID_SDWwSrRd/oqkmeQwQrME/Q)

John D. Hardin wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 carnold5@nc.rr.com wrote:
>
>> Theo Van Dinter wrote:
>>> "perl-spamassassin" sounds like a package. Don't mix using CPAN and

using
>>> packages. If you're using a package, upgrade SA through a package.
>>> If you want to use CPAN, get rid of the packages first.

>> I did install from rpm. So, if i understand you right, i need to
>> uninstall the rpm's and then use CPAN to install?

> Do one or the other. If you like RPMs, then download the SA tarball
> from the website and rpmbuild it to get an RPM. That's what I do. But
> don't install or try to upgrade SA from CPAN if you've installed it
> from an RPM.
>
> At this point, if you've partly installed SA from CPAN, you will
> probably want to uninstall the older SA RPM and then reinstall SA from
> CPAN to make sure everything's there.
>
> Note: even if you install SA from an RPM, you will still need to
> install or upgrade some of the *supporting* modules (like Net:NS)
> from CPAN.
>
> --
> John Hardin KA7OHZ http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
> jhardin@impsec.org FALaholic #11174 pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
> key: 0xB8732E79 -- 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
> It there a Special Olympics for terrorists going on in the UK this
> week? -- Bruce Schneier, 07/02/2007
> Tomorrow: The 231st anniversary of the Declaration of Independence

I downloaded the traball and made a rpm; which created
perl-spamassassin.rpm and mail-spamassassin.rpm. I installed
perl-spamassassin first using yast and then spamassassin using yast. The
spamassassin rpm failed to installed but when i do a rpm -qa
spamassassin it shows both 3.1 and 3.2 installed. I look in yast and it
shows 3.2 only. I look in /etc/mail/spamassassin and all the 3.1 files
are still there along with 3.2pre file. Should i uninstall and then
reinstall and if i do this, what will happen to all the existing rules
and what-not?

Chris

--Boundary_(ID_SDWwSrRd/oqkmeQwQrME/Q)

begin:vcard
n:Arnold;Chris
fn:Arnold, Chris
url:http://www.mytimewithgod.net
version:2.1
email;internet:carnold5@nc.rr.com
end:vcard

--Boundary_(ID_SDWwSrRd/oqkmeQwQrME/Q)--