Hi,

2007/7/3, carnold5@nc.rr.com :
> [...]
> NOTE: the optional IO::Socket::INET6 module is not installed.
>
> This is required if the first nameserver listed in your IP
> configuration or /etc/resolv.conf file is available only via
> an IPv6 address.
>

> ************************************************** *************************
> NOTE: the optional IO::Socket::SSL module is not installed.
>
> If you wish to use SSL encryption to communicate between spamc and
> spamd (the --ssl option to spamd), you need to install this
> module. (You will need the OpenSSL libraries and use the
> ENABLE_SSL="yes" argument to Makefile.PL to build and run an SSL
> compatibile spamc.)
>

> ************************************************** *************************
> NOTE: the optional Mail:omainKeys module is not installed.
>
> If this module is installed, and you enable the DomainKeys plugin,
> SpamAssassin will perform Domain Key lookups when Domain Key
> information is present in the message headers. (Note that new versions
> of Mail:KIM render this module superfluous.)
>

> ************************************************** *************************
> NOTE: the optional Mail:KIM module is not installed.
>
> If this module is installed, and you enable the DKIM plugin,
> SpamAssassin will perform DKIM lookups when a DKIM-Signature
> header is present in the message headers. (New versions of this module
> support both Domain Keys and DKIM, rendering Mail:omainKeys obsolete.)
>

> ************************************************** *************************
> NOTE: the optional LWP::UserAgent module is not installed.
>
> The "sa-update" script requires this module to make HTTP requests.
>

> ************************************************** *************************
> NOTE: the optional HTTP:ate module is not installed.
>
> The "sa-update" script requires this module to make HTTP
> If-Modified-Since GET requests.
>

> ************************************************** *************************
> NOTE: the optional Archive::Tar (version 1.23) module is not installed.
>
> The "sa-update" script requires this module to access tar update
> archive files.
>

> ************************************************** *************************
> NOTE: the optional IO::Zlib (version 1.04) module is not installed.
>
> The "sa-update" script requires this module to access compressed
> update archive files.
>

> ************************************************** *************************
> NOTE: the optional Encode:etect module is not installed.
>
> If you plan to use the normalize_charset config setting to detect
> charsets and convert them into Unicode, you will need to install
> this module.
>
> REQUIRED module out of date: HTML::Parser
> optional module missing: Mail::SPF
> optional module missing: Mail::SPF::Query
> optional module missing: IP::Country
> optional module missing: Net::Ident
> optional module missing: IO::Socket::INET6
> optional module missing: IO::Socket::SSL

Well, you could start by running "perl -MCPAN -e shell" from the
command line, or visiting www.cpan.org, in order to download these
modules.
In the first case, simply issuing something like "install
HTML::Parser" at the perl prompt, would do the trick and install the
module. You could procede this way further, or download and install
the modules one at the time, as you did with Spam Assassin.
Or, you could try and use YAsT to download and install the
corresponding SuSe RPMs (BTW, IO::Socket::INET6 and IO::Socket::SSL
aren't needed if you don't use SSL or IPv6)

First upgrade and istall the needed modules, then procede again with
perl Makefile.PL and further.

> warning: some functionality may not be available,
> please read the above report before continuing!
>
> Can someone see what i am doing wrong? When i run the "make" command, i
> get this:
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop
>
> Chris

Luis

GNU-GPL: "May The Source Be With You...
Linux Registered User #448382.