On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Matt wrote:

> Why can't Spamassassin do like a MD5 hash of any URL's in a
> message and check them against a database? I just think it would
> help catch things like: geocities.com/spamer123/ or
> spamer123.tripod.com and etc.

Too easy to defeat using a URI with random parameters pointing to a
PHP et. al. page that ignores parameters (assuming you include
parameters in the hash) or via wildcard DNS using random third- or
fourth-level hostnames.

It there a Special Olympics for terrorists going on in the UK this
week? -- Bruce Schneier, 07/02/2007
Tomorrow: The 231st anniversary of the Declaration of Independence