--zUOaI4FcYSvHUUu9

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 11:35:01AM -0500, Dallas Engelken wrote:
> The mechanism used for accurate detection in the PDFInfo plugin is not=20
> going to be a part of this.. and I'd recommend you request the plugin=

=20
> and use it privately. If the information gets publicized, that method=

=20
> would soon be useless...=20

YMMV, but this is a pretty short-sighted argument imo.

a) you're letting people request it, which means that if someone wanted
it (like the spammers you're apparently attempting to keep it from),
they would just request it.

b) by forcing people to manually request it, you're just making it harder
for people to get the benefit of using it.

c) also due to (b), it'll be harder for you to catch (if you could at all) =
(a).

d) after (a) happens, if the detection happens due to something simple
like "no text in text/plain part and pdf attachment with A4 paper size",
the method will be changed and you're back to square one.

All in all, you're better off just making things public.

--=20
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean." - G. K. Chestert=
on

--zUOaI4FcYSvHUUu9

--zUOaI4FcYSvHUUu9--