On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 07:07 -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> For configuration options listed in perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin can I
> put the settings into local.cf?
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf says yes, but it doesn't say it applies to
> args for Mail::SpamAssassin->new();

According to the perldoc ....

If none of "rules_filename", "site_rules_filename", "user-
prefs_filename", or "config_text" is set, the "Mail::SpamAssassin"
module will search for the configuration files in the usual
installed locations using the below variable definitions which can
be passed in.

Used as the root for certain directory paths such as:

Defaults to "/usr".

Location where the default rules are installed. Defaults to

Location where the local site rules are installed. Defaults to

If your local.cf is in /etc/mail/spamassassin, then apparently the
answer is yes. My undersanding is that everything in that directory
gets read.

Lindsay Haisley | "In an open world, | PGP public key
FMP Computer Services | who needs Windows | available at
512-259-1190 | or Gates" | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
http://www.fmp.com | |