From: Michele Neylon :: Blacknight [mailto:michele@blacknight.ie]
Sent: 16 June 2007 14:28
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: RDJ AUTOBAN

Ed Kasky wrote:
> Good morning:
>=20
> I currently have a cron set to run RDJ once a week but am getting=20
> AUTOBAN messages since the DOS on rulesemporium. Anyone know how I =

can=20
> fix this?
>=20
> [5633] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in=20
> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_evilnum1.cf": AUTOBAN: Over 500 *.cf=20
> requests in 48 hours period - Check your CRON
>=20
> Thanks in advance!
>=20
> Ed
>=20

It sounds like your script / cron is retrying instead of failing =
gracefully.

We're using the FSL.com RDJ update script on all our servers and I=20
haven't seen ANY errors like this, as it only makes one attempt every 24 =

hours.

Michele

--=20
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection
http://www.blacknight.ie/
http://blog.blacknight.ie/
Tel. 1850 927 280
Intl. +353 (0) 59 9183072
UK: 0870 163 0607
Direct Dial: +353 (0)59 9183090
Fax. +353 (0) 1 4811 763
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd, Unit 12A,Barrowside Business
Park,Sleaty Road,Graiguecullen,Carlow,Ireland Company No.: 370845