Mark Martinec wrote the following on 6/15/2007 2:34 PM -0800:
>> So far so good with Mark's patches - although I am awaiting his
>> follow-up regarding a possible bug...
>>

> Not sure I understand this. My fixes make SA more robust when
> plugins misbehave. The Botnet problem still causes the mail
> processing to take half a minute, but now without ill-effects
> on other checks.
>
> Mark

I was referring to your e-mail to the list just previous to this one
where you stated:
=====
> ...a bug pause here...

bug -> big
(29 seconds)
=====

I misunderstood this to mean that you had found a bug in one of your
patches. Please disregard.

And thanks again for the patches! They do indeed make SA more robust by
resolving the issue of lost DNS query results due to high timeout
thresholds in plugins.

Bill