Mark Martinec wrote the following on 6/15/2007 3:36 AM -0800:
> Phil, Bill,
>

>> Mark, I patched Dns.pm but this didn't resolve the issue for me.
>> You can test with the sample messages I posted to bugzilla:
>> http://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassi...ug.cgi?id=5506
>>

>> I was getting this sort of symptom without using Botnet.
>> It's almost as if something's deadlocking somewhere in SA
>> (until the timeout kicks in).
>>

>>> If the time spent by Razor+dcc+Botnet+(not sure what else)
>>> is longer than rbl_timeout, then replies to RBL queries are
>>> thrown away by mistake.
>>>

> There is now an additional patch at:
> http://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassi...ug.cgi?id=5511
> which should fix this.
>
> Mark

Mark, thanks for the patches. However, even with both Dns.pm patches
applied, unless I set "rbl_timeout" to a high enough time interval, SA
still misses the URIBL test results in the sample messages I posted in
bugzilla 5506.

For example, if I set "rbl_timeout 15", I get no URIBL hit results.
However, if I set "rbl_timeout 60", I do get URIBL hit results. This is
because the 60 interval is long enough for Botnet's (in this case) RDNS
test to timeout before the "rbl_timeout" interval.

Bill