Terry Soucy wrote:
> In the testing we have done here, less than 1% of connections to our low
> priority MX actually cycled around to one of the higher priority MX
> systems to deliver the message. I'm still not sure if this is a growing
> pattern yet, but it could be a sign of spambots catching on. Whether or
> not they hit a *randon* MX record is kind of difficult to determin. As
> already mentioned, I would *love* to see this information.

Terry, of my 8 MX records 4 are spam traps. The are the highest numbered
MX. I have 3 real servers online right now on lower numbered MX records
so no legit email should got to the 4 upper MX records. The hits over
the last 9 hours are as follows:

65521, 74854, 26132 and 27076 hits

This indicates to me that the spam bots are hitting random MX records.
Of those 1511 have connected 10 times or more to one of these 4 addresses.