Jerry Durand wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2007, at 5:36 PM, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
>
>> Jerry Durand wrote:
>>> My message came back tagged as spam, but I have this list
>>> whitelisted_from_spf. ???

>> It hit SPF_FAIL, thus no SPF based whitelist hit. You may want to run
>> the message through spamassassin -Dspf to find out why.
>>
>> Daryl

> Oh, right, it's this list format. The message said it was from me, but
> it was sent by apache.org. Of course SPF failed.

Actually the return path is (similar to):

....so SPF shouldn't fail.

> So, how do you set up SA to allow these lists that act as an
> unauthorized relay?

Make sure your milter is providing a return path header field so that SA
gets the correct envelope-from address. I believe old versions of
amavisd-new don't do this. If the milter fails to do this SA will end
up using the From: header field value and, yeah, you'll get SPF fail.

Daryl