On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Jerry Durand wrote:

> Sometime later this summer I'm going to be replacing our server. It's
> currently a Mac (1.42GHz G4) running OS X Server. Since the mail server part
> of OS X "needs work", I'm thinking of just replacing this with an Intel/AMD
> based Linux box. I'm considering Ubuntu, any suggestions/warnings/panics?
>
> Not a big panic if I can't move the IMAP files over, most mail is read by
> APOP so there isn't much there.

I have OS X Server running email server too, To save the headache of
replacing this OS X server, moving mail boxes, reducing the memory
load...You can run Amavisd-new/SpamAssassin on a seperate Linux box and
let Postfix on OS X talk to Amavisd-new on the Linux box.

Vincent Li
http://bl0g.blogdns.com