I've installed spamassassin 3.1.8 as distributed with opensuse linux
10.2. Following the installation, I used sa-update to download what I
thought were the latest updates available in the default
updates.spamassassin.org channel. These were downloaded to
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.001008. The spamassassin installation seem to
be working fine.

I've been running sa-update daily ever since, sa-update claims that no
newer updates are available. The version sa-update downloaded the
first time was 507739 but on
http://buildbot.spamassassin.org.nyu...0/updatestage/ I see
version 545708 listed. sa-update with debug gives me the following:

[4939] dbg: logger: adding facilities: all
[4939] dbg: logger: logging level is DBG
[4939] dbg: generic: SpamAssassin version 3.1.8
[4939] dbg: config: score set 0 chosen.
[4939] dbg: message: ---- MIME PARSER START ----
[4939] dbg: message: main message type: text/plain
[4939] dbg: message: parsing normal part
[4939] dbg: message: added part, type: text/plain
[4939] dbg: message: ---- MIME PARSER END ----
[4939] dbg: dns: is Net:NS::Resolver available? yes
[4939] dbg: dns: Net:NS version: 0.59
[4939] dbg: generic: sa-update version svn507100
[4939] dbg: generic: using update directory: /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001008
[4939] dbg: diag: perl platform: 5.008008 linux
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: Digest::SHA1, version 2.11
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: HTML::Parser, version 3.55
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: MIME::Base64, version 3.07
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: DB_File, version 1.814
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: Net:NS, version 0.59
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: Net::SMTP, version 2.29
[4939] dbg: diag: module not installed: Mail::SPF::Query ('require' failed)
[4939] dbg: diag: module not installed: IP::Country::Fast ('require' failed)
[4939] dbg: diag: module not installed: Razor2::Client::Agent ('require' failed)
[4939] dbg: diag: module not installed: Net::Ident ('require' failed)
[4939] dbg: diag: module not installed: IO::Socket::INET6 ('require' failed)
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: IO::Socket::SSL, version 1.01
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: Time::HiRes, version 1.86
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: DBI, version 1.52
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: Getopt::Long, version 2.35
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: LWP::UserAgent, version 2.033
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: HTTP:ate, version 1.47
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: Archive::Tar, version 1.30
[4939] dbg: diag: module installed: IO::Zlib, version 1.04
[4939] dbg: gpg: Searching for 'gpg'
[4939] dbg: util: current PATH is:
/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/opt/kde3/sbin:/opt/gnome/sbin:/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/kde3/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin:/usr/lib/qt3/bin
[4939] dbg: util: executable for gpg was found at /usr/bin/gpg
[4939] dbg: gpg: found /usr/bin/gpg
[4939] dbg: channel: attempting channel updates.spamassassin.org
[4939] dbg: channel: update directory
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.001008/updates_spamassassin_org
[4939] dbg: channel: channel cf file
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.001008/updates_spamassassin_org.cf
[4939] dbg: channel: channel pre file
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.001008/updates_spamassassin_org.pre
[4939] dbg: channel: metadata version = 507739
[4939] dbg: dns: 8.1.3.updates.spamassassin.org => 507739, parsed as 507739
[4939] dbg: channel: current version is 507739, new version is 507739,
skipping channel
[4939] dbg: diag: updates complete, exiting with code 1


Am I missing something with respect to the updates version number or
do I have to upgrade spamassassin itself to get the latest sa-updates
versions to download. Ideally I'd like to stick with 3.1.8 since it's
still relatively recent and I know its scanner works in the current
configuration.

Thanks

Hans