Mark Martinec wrote the following on 6/12/2007 3:05 PM -0800:
> Bill,
>

>> Mark, just curious if you are running Botnet? I found that some
>> messages cause the Botnet RDNS test to timeout after hanging for about
>> 30 seconds, and then network test randomly fail (primarily URIBL
>> tests). I found that if I disable Botnet, then all network tests will
>> run fine on the very same messages.
>>

> Thanks, looks like the same cause (Botnet runs with Razor, dcc, etc.,
> before the first and the second round of DNS launches). Please try the patch
> attached to http://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassi...ug.cgi?id=5511
> (applies to SA 2.3.1 or 2.3.0), it is likely to fix these symptoms too.
>
> Mark

Mark, I patched Dns.pm but this didn't resolve the issue for me. You
can test with the sample messages I posted to bugzilla:

http://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassi...ug.cgi?id=5506

The only way I can get the URIBL tests to report hits it to run the
messages through SA without the headers (samples without headers also
posted to the bugzilla).

Bill