Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> I didn't know that upgrading would replace my startup script - So I just
> added the arguments back into the startup script.

Most distro packages include a place for you to put startup options that
override the default ones, and don't get overwritten on upgrades. This
includes any of the third-party packages I know of, too.

On most RedHat-ish systems, this is /etc/sysconfig/.

On most Debian-ish systems, this is /etc/default/.

It's usually not a good idea to modify the init scripts directly on any
system that has a package manager installing prepackaged files.

I can't speak for any other systems or install methods.

-kgd