Dan Barker wrote:
> I'm receiving a lot of 421 rejects with:
> Unexpected connection response from server:
> 421 mails from refused: local dynamic IP address

In case there's any doubt about whether or not the Botnet plugin tripped
up on the PTR record situation (and someone used that as a basis for a
tempfail), here's the output of Botnet.pl for that IP address:

% Botnet.pl visioncomm.net
Botnet Version = 0.8
checking IP address:
BOTNET_NORDNS: not hit - mail.visioncomm.net
BOTNET_BADDNS: not hit - hostname resolves back to ip
BOTNET_SERVERWORDS: hit, matches=mail
BOTNET_CLIENT (meta) not hit
BOTNET_CLIENT (code) not hit, tests=none
BOTNET_SOHO: not hit
BOTNET (meta) not hit
BOTNET (code) not hit, tests=none

a) Botnet wasn't mislead by the PTR alias
b) None of the Botnet tests flagged this as a Botnet (the one hit was
for "server words" which would have helped you, not hurt you).