On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 12:45 +0100, Justin Mason wrote:
> Daniel J McDonald writes:
> > On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 21:09 -0400, Rose, Bobby wrote:
> > > I'm seeing the same kind of messages mentioned after compiling from
> > > source on Redhat ES4 and running make test.

> > I'm wondering if this is the reason:
> > + make FULLPERL=/usr/bin/perl test
> > /usr/bin/perl5.8.7 build/mkrules --exit_on_no_src --src rulesrc --out
> > rules --manifest MANIFEST --manifestskip MANIFEST.SKIP
> > no source directory found: exiting

> nope, that can be ignored.
>
> > I don't see any other compilation errors. The build process complained
> > about a few missing packages at the beginning Razor2, Mail:KIM, and
> > Encode:etect. I was able to install all of those other than
> > Encode:etect (I can't get the perl-Encode-Detect srpm to recompile,
> > and I can't figure out what pre-requisites it is missing, since it
> > complained about not having ExtUtils::CBuilder, but installing that
> > didn't seem to mollify it).
> >
> > I built 3.2.0 on this same box just a couple of weeks ago, and didn't
> > see anything in the release notes, or the bugs that I read, telling me
> > that I would need to make major changes, so I'm flummoxed.

> There should be no major changes since 3.2.0 that'd require that...
> can you post the log files from t/log/d.spamc_optC/* ?

I think the major error in the log files is:
[27488] warn: spamd: still running as root: user not specified with -u,
not found, or set to root, falling back to nobody
[27488] warn: spamd: bayes: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp
lockfile ./log/user_state/bayes.lock.ldap.austin-energy.net.27488
for ./log/user_state/bayes.lock: Permission denied

So, you can't build the RPM as root.

I just added all of the various groups to my user, set up a user build
directory tree, compiled it under my username and it tested fine, at
least to the point that it normally bombs