Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> I'm setting up SpamAssassin 3.1.8 to run with the Courier MTA (0.55.1)
> on a server running Gentoo Linux. Courier provides a facility to reject
> email in the SMTP dialog using queries to RBL lists based on the
> connecting IP address, which prevents the MTA from ever having to deal
> with such spams, or issue DSNs to forged addresses, etc.
>
> Many of the same RBL services are configured into 20_dnsbl_tests.cf
> in /usr/share/spamassassin. There's no need for me to query these RBLs
> twice and I'd like to selectively disable some of these tests
> in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf, while leaving others enabled. I can set
> skip_rbl_checks to 1 to disable _all_ these tests, but I only want to
> disable some of them, not all of them. I can comment out the tests
> in /usr/share/spamassassin/20_dnsbl_tests.cf, however this file gets
> re-written when SpamAssassin gets upgraded, so I need to do this in one
> of the files in /etc/spamassassin.
>
> The Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf is silent on this issue. Is there a way to
> do this?

Yes, you can zero the scores of the affected rules.

Note, you MUST zero the score of the "base rule" for any multi-rule
RBLs. This rule will have a name starting with a double underscore.

ie: for NJABL the command would be:

score __RCVD_IN_NJABL 0

SA doesn't run rules that are explicitly zeroed out like this.