ANNOUNCE: Apache SpamAssassin 3.2.1 available
Apache SpamAssassin 3.2.1 is now available! This is a maintenance and
security release of the 3.2.x branch. It is highly recommended that
people upgrade to this version from 3.2.0.
Downloads are available from:
The release file will also be available via CPAN in the near future.
md5sum of archive files:
sha1sum of archive files:
The release files also have a .asc accompanying them. The file serves
as an external GPG signature for the given release file. The signing
key is available via the wwwkeys.pgp.net key server, as well as
The key information is:
pub 1024D/265FA05B 2003-06-09 SpamAssassin Signing Key <email@example.com>
Key fingerprint = 26C9 00A4 6DD4 0CD5 AD24 F6D7 DEE0 1987 265F A05B
3.2.1 is a major bug-fix release, including a potential local DoS. The
major highlights are:
- bug 5480: fix for CVE-2007-2873: a local user symlink-attack DoS
vulnerability. It only affects systems where spamd is run as root, is used
with vpopmail or virtual users via the "-v"/"--vpopmail" OR
"--virtual-config-dir" switch, AND with the "-x"/"--no-user-config AND
WITHOUT the "-u"/"--username" switch AND with the "-l"/"--allow-tell" switch.
This is not default on any distro package, and is not a common configuration.
More details of the vulnerability can be read at
- bug 5488: zero some rules causing false positives: FH_HOST_EQ_D_D_D_DB and
- bug 5257: re-raise autolearn ham threshold to 1.0; the lower value
used in 3.2.0 was creating problems.
- bug 5422: in spamd, deleting hash entries from the SIGCHLD signal handler is
unsafe, causes corruption of the data structure, and results in 'prefork:
ordered child N to accept, but they reported state '1', killing rogue'
- bug 5102: tighten up regexp for FORGED_HOTMAIL_RCVD to avoid some FPs.
- bug 5457: spamc build and test should handle not having zlib available.
- bug 5379: spamd could crash at startup if its preloading temporary directory
already exists. fix.
- bug 4616: spamc config can cause command line options to be ignored. fix.
- bug 5485: zero score DK/DKIM_POLICY_SIGNSOME rules since they'll always fire
due to defaults (unless there's an explicit SIGNALL policy).
- bug 5492: VBounce rule was looking in header instead of body for whitelisted
- bug 5487: prevent multiple "urirhssub"s using the same zone from overwriting
- bug 5432 - Change default in Win32 build to not build spamc.
- bug 5446: add --updatedir option to sa-compile and remove inaccurate re2c
required version info from pod.
- bug 5436: add omitted "ifplugin" statements to the configuration, which would
otherwise cause lint errors if the default plugins were disabled.
- bug 5477: prevent Rule2XSBody info message from appearing on stderr during