Access USB folders/files - Solaris

This is a discussion on Access USB folders/files - Solaris ; Ok, I'm seriously Unix-challenged. I've used Linux over the years (which is really throwing me off). I'm trying to mount and access files on a usb drive on an Ultra 25 workstation using Solaris 9. I go through all the ...

  1. Access USB folders/files

    Ok, I'm seriously Unix-challenged. I've used Linux over the years (which is really throwing me off). I'm trying to mount and access files on a usb drive on an Ultra 25 workstation using Solaris 9. I go through all the steps and the system says the drive is mounted, but I can't find it to view the files. When I run the iostat -En command, I get:

    Vendor: Samsung Product: Mighty Drive Revision: PMAP, but no serial no. and the size is 0.00G <0 bytes>.

    I know there are folders and files on it because I can see them on my Windows box. What am I doing wrong?

    Thank you!

  2. Re: Access USB folders/files

    To password protect individual folders and files and the full HDD, you can use encryption software.

+ Reply to Thread