Running Multiple processes in background on a server - Solaris

This is a discussion on Running Multiple processes in background on a server - Solaris ; HI All , I would be grateful if someone can help. I am trying to execute a shell script which runs multiple processes in background. It includes various operations like copying , DB operations etc etc. Now problem is that ...

  1. Unhappy Running Multiple processes in background on a server

    HI All ,

    I would be grateful if someone can help.

    I am trying to execute a shell script which runs multiple processes in background. It includes various operations like copying , DB operations etc etc.

    Now problem is that the complete script execution is taking a long long time, While we have optimized the DB part , I am on the lookout for other culprits.

    Iam executing the script on T5K server . When executing multiple processes in background concurrently ....
    1) Are all the processes allocated to a single CPU or multiple CPU ?
    2) Can there be a possibility that a lot of time is wasted in scheduling the processes ?

  2. Smile Re: Running Multiple processes in background on a server

    I am trying to execute a shell script which runs multiple processes in background.
    Now problem is that it is not complete.

+ Reply to Thread