Dual Boot Windows XP and Solaris 10 - Solaris

This is a discussion on Dual Boot Windows XP and Solaris 10 - Solaris ; I have installed Windows XP and Solaris 10 on my PC in separate partitions. And I was running fine , But my problem was, each time i boot my PC, it was booting to Solaris 10 and I would have ...

  1. Exclamation Dual Boot Windows XP and Solaris 10

    I have installed Windows XP and Solaris 10 on my PC in separate partitions. And I was running fine , But my problem was, each time i boot my PC, it was booting to Solaris 10 and I would have to select within 30 sec if i want Windows. I went into the GRUB menu.lst and changed the boot order to make active the Windows partition. Now my problem is I cannot get my system to give me an option to select Solaris. I know solaris is installed on my PC but cannot boot to it. I do not know what to change in Windows boot.ini to get GRUB menu back. Please help me. i am stuck!

  2. Re: Dual Boot Windows XP and Solaris 10

    Its quite a common bug.

    If you can the best thing to do is reinstall. Start with Windows and then install Solaris and it should work fine.

    Otherwise try using some third party bootup software to try and manage the situation for you.

+ Reply to Thread