pc reboots on solaris boot - Solaris

This is a discussion on pc reboots on solaris boot - Solaris ; hi , i'm running solaris 10 in dual multiboot system , on x86 pc, my solaris intallation has start to give me problem during the boot of the OS , pc reboots by itself, I don't know which the cause ...

  1. pc reboots on solaris boot

    hi , i'm running solaris 10 in dual multiboot system , on x86 pc, my solaris intallation has start to give me problem during the boot of the OS , pc reboots by itself, I don't know which the cause could be, I tried opening menu.lst with vi and addint the "-v" flag to the kernel line , but the screen I obtained doesn't help me in findind the problem. can anyone help me ?
    Attached Images

  2. Re: pc reboots on solaris boot

    I read on internet that I can add the -k flag to the kernel line to see a sort of debug message, this is the screen I obtained, maybe this helps more than the first ones
    Attached Images

  3. Re: pc reboots on solaris boot

    "Failed to initialize inband hotplug controller" message can be accepted as ignorable, first of all.

    #

    What should I do when the following message is displayed while loading the Solaris 10 10/09 kernel?

    NOTICE: Failed to initialize inband hotplug controller

    Ignore this message. The system continues to boot normally. This message is displayed because the hardware or BIOS reports that the slot has hot-pluggable capability. However, the platform does not support the hot-plug controller. If the platform supports hot-plugging, contact Solaris Operating System on x86 Support.

  4. Re: pc reboots on solaris boot

    Hi there

    Did you install it under SVM control, try to install without SVM
    Regards
    MR

    " I'm having bad luck getting a jumpstart RAID1 functional
    on my X4500 / thumper.

    [...]

    What am I missing?

    It'a known bug on x4500 an x2200.

    Right now you have to install on one disk without SVM, boot from disk
    and then manually setup SVM devices and put / on it. That way it works."

+ Reply to Thread