Solaris 9 - ethernet card not recognised - 3c509 - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 9 - ethernet card not recognised - 3c509 - Solaris ; Installing Sol 9 x86 on a panasonic cf-50 laptop. Installs OK but when I do ifconfig -a I get nothing apart from the loopback. Any ideas? I think the card is a 3COM 3c509....

  1. Solaris 9 - ethernet card not recognised - 3c509

    Installing Sol 9 x86 on a panasonic cf-50 laptop. Installs OK but when
    I do ifconfig -a I get nothing apart from the loopback.

    Any ideas? I think the card is a 3COM 3c509.

  2. Re: Solaris 9 - ethernet card not recognised - 3c509

    On Nov 6, 11:39*am, "BertieBigBol...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Installing Sol 9 x86 on a panasonic cf-50 laptop. Installs OK but when
    > I do ifconfig -a I get nothing apart from the loopback.
    >
    > Any ideas? I think the card is a 3COM 3c509.

    3com has Solaris drivers for many cards, they just aren't bundled with
    the OS. Just download and install

  3. Re: Solaris 9 - ethernet card not recognised - 3c509

    On Nov 7, 1:47*am, ITguy wrote:
    > On Nov 6, 11:39*am, "BertieBigBol...@gmail.com"
    >
    > wrote:
    > > Installing Sol 9 x86 on a panasonic cf-50 laptop. Installs OK but when
    > > I do ifconfig -a I get nothing apart from the loopback.

    > > Any ideas? I think the card is a 3COM 3c509.

    > 3com has Solaris drivers for many cards, they just aren't bundled with
    > the OS. *Just download and install

    Cant find these drivers on the 3com website. :-(

  4. Re: Solaris 9 - ethernet card not recognised - 3c509

    BertieBigBollox@gmail.com wrote:
    > Installing Sol 9 x86 on a panasonic cf-50 laptop. Installs OK but when
    > I do ifconfig -a I get nothing apart from the loopback.
    >
    > Any ideas? I think the card is a 3COM 3c509.

    Solaris 9 on a laptop? You must be a masochist.

    --
    Ian Collins

  5. Re: Solaris 9 - ethernet card not recognised - 3c509

    Ian Collins wrote:
    > BertieBigBollox@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Installing Sol 9 x86 on a panasonic cf-50 laptop. Installs OK but when
    >> I do ifconfig -a I get nothing apart from the loopback.
    >>
    >> Any ideas? I think the card is a 3COM 3c509.

    > Solaris 9 on a laptop? You must be a masochist.

    it seems someone got it to work with Solaris 8!

    Secondary Boot from Laptop HD fails

    I doubt it has a 3c509.

+ Reply to Thread