pkginfo file is corrupt or missing - Solaris

This is a discussion on pkginfo file is corrupt or missing - Solaris ; Hi, When I execute pkginfo, I get a listing which does not complete and gives "pkginfo: ERROR: pkginfo file is corrupt or missing." The problem seems to be with the /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWman, where there is an empty file !I-Lock! What is ...

  1. pkginfo file is corrupt or missing

    Hi,

    When I execute pkginfo, I get a listing which does not complete and
    gives "pkginfo: ERROR: pkginfo file is corrupt or missing."

    The problem seems to be with the /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWman, where there is
    an empty file !I-Lock!

    What is this file here for and is it safe to remove it?

  2. Re: pkginfo file is corrupt or missing

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:33:18 -0700, santiago538 wrote:

    > When I execute pkginfo, I get a listing which does not complete and
    > gives "pkginfo: ERROR: pkginfo file is corrupt or missing."
    >
    > The problem seems to be with the /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWman, where there is
    > an empty file !I-Lock!
    >
    > What is this file here for and is it safe to remove it?

    SUNWman apparently failed to install properly. Check your installation
    log. I just had the same thing happen with a liveupgrade from snv_98 to
    snv_99 with SUNWaudd because of a conflict of audio drivers.

    Removal of the file caused no problem with pkginfo.

    Mount your installation media and try to re-install the package.

+ Reply to Thread