This seems like a basic configuration problem, but I can't figure it out,
so any help would be much appreciated.

I wanted to use pkgtool in order to get audacity installed on my x86
systems. There is a blog entry at:

http://blogs.sun.com/dhollister/entr...is_vs_audacity

which suggests that using pkgtool is just the thing.

I grabbed pkgtool via the JDS Common Build Environment, as per:

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/projec...ting/building/

Now, pkgbuild seems to work okay, but pkgtool dies with what looks like a
basic perl problem. Have I missed something obvious here?

custard 128% /opt/jdsbld/bin/pkgtool --help
Can't call method "set" on an undefined value at
/opt/jdsbld/lib/pkgbuild-1.3.3/pkgtool.pl line 319, line 146.

I thought maybe there was something screwy on my laptop, so I tried on
another machine, this time a T1000

arnie 17% pkgtool --help
Can't call method "set" on an undefined value at
/opt/jdsbld/lib/pkgbuild-1.3.3/pkgtool.pl line 319, line 146.

Same error.

The laptop is running 05/08:

custard 129% cat /etc/release
Solaris 10 5/08 s10x_u5wos_10 X86
Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Assembled 24 March 2008

The T1000 is a bit older:

arnie 23% cat /etc/release
Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC
Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Assembled 16 August 2007

Is this something really simple, which anyone who knows a scrap of perl can
see, or should I dig up an earlier version of pkgtool and try that? I used
to know a few scraps of perl, but that was many years ago...

--
Dr Tristram J. Scott
Energy Consultant