Changing keyboard layout after installation - Solaris

This is a discussion on Changing keyboard layout after installation - Solaris ; Hallo, can somebody help me? I lost the information how to change the keyboard layout on open solaris after installtion. There was an easy workaround how to change it. I remember there was a configuration file with the information for ...

  1. Changing keyboard layout after installation

    Hallo,

    can somebody help me? I lost the information how to change the keyboard
    layout on open solaris after installtion. There was an easy workaround
    how to change it. I remember there was a configuration file with the
    information for default keyboard setting.

    MFG Stefan

  2. Re: Changing keyboard layout after installation

    Stefan Sprungk schrieb:
    > Hallo,
    >
    > can somebody help me? I lost the information how to change the keyboard
    > layout on open solaris after installtion. There was an easy workaround
    > how to change it. I remember there was a configuration file with the
    > information for default keyboard setting.
    >
    > MFG Stefan

    I found the solution. It's the file "/boot/solaris/bootenv.rc". There it
    is to change the record "setprop keyboard-layout 'Unknown'" in to
    "setprop keyboard-layout 'German'".

    Stefan

  3. Re: Changing keyboard layout after installation

    Stefan Sprungk writes in alt.solaris.x86:
    |can somebody help me? I lost the information how to change the keyboard
    |layout on open solaris after installtion. There was an easy workaround
    |how to change it. I remember there was a configuration file with the
    |information for default keyboard setting.

    'kbd -s' will prompt you for the layout to set it to.

    --
    Alan Coopersmith * alanc@alum.calberkeley.org * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
    http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/ * http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/