Boots into cli - Solaris

This is a discussion on Boots into cli - Solaris ; I installed openSolaris on my pc via gui, but now it automatically boots into cli automatically everytime. How can i get GUI ?...

  1. Boots into cli

    I installed openSolaris on my pc via gui, but now it automatically
    boots into cli automatically everytime.
    How can i get GUI ?

  2. Re: Boots into cli

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 04:01:32 -0700, [FX] Tarandeep singh wrote:

    > I installed openSolaris on my pc via gui, but now it automatically
    > boots into cli automatically everytime.
    > How can i get GUI ?

    su
    svcadm enable gdm

    If that fails

    svcs -xv

    and fix what else is wrong.

  3. Re: Boots into cli

    tried svcadm, still boots to CLI ...
    2nd command doesnt work

    On Sep 5, 4:49*pm, Dave Uhring wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 04:01:32 -0700, [FX] Tarandeep singh wrote:
    > > I installed openSolaris on my pc via gui, but now it automatically
    > > boots into cli automatically everytime.
    > > How can i get GUI ?

    > su
    > svcadm enable gdm
    >
    > If that fails
    >
    > svcs -xv
    >
    > and fix what else is wrong.

  4. Re: Boots into cli

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 05:38:45 -0700, [FX] Tarandeep singh wrote:

    A top post. If you do that again I will killfile you.
    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    > On Sep 5, 4:49*pm, Dave Uhring wrote:

    >> su
    >> svcadm enable gdm
    >>
    >> If that fails
    >>
    >> svcs -xv
    >>
    >> and fix what else is wrong.

    > tried svcadm, still boots to CLI ...
    > 2nd command doesnt work

    What information does
    /var/svc/log/application-graphical-login-gdm:default.log
    give you?

+ Reply to Thread