how to execute RSH command from Windows? - Solaris

This is a discussion on how to execute RSH command from Windows? - Solaris ; I opened up a shell on Windows XP using the "CMD" command. From the shell in Windows, I used a similar command like the following: rsh 192.168.0.101 -l username -n pwd and I got the following error message: 192.168.0.101 permission ...

  1. how to execute RSH command from Windows?

    I opened up a shell on Windows XP using the "CMD" command.

    From the shell in Windows, I used a similar command like the
    following:

    rsh 192.168.0.101 -l username -n pwd

    and I got the following error message:

    192.168.0.101 permission denied
    rsh: can't establish connection

    What do I need to do on the Solaris 10 station (with IP address
    192.168.0.101), so that
    commands can be executed from "rsh" from the Windows XP side?

  2. Re: how to execute RSH command from Windows?

    Michelle wrote:
    > I opened up a shell on Windows XP using the "CMD" command.
    >
    > From the shell in Windows, I used a similar command like the
    > following:
    >
    > rsh 192.168.0.101 -l username -n pwd
    >
    > and I got the following error message:
    >
    > 192.168.0.101 permission denied
    > rsh: can't establish connection
    >

    > What do I need to do on the Solaris 10 station (with IP address
    > 192.168.0.101), so that
    > commands can be executed from "rsh" from the Windows XP side?

    You need to put the search string "rsh: can't establish connection" in
    Google.

  3. Re: how to execute RSH command from Windows?

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 01:23:35 -0700, Michelle wrote:

    > What do I need to do on the Solaris 10 station (with IP address
    > 192.168.0.101), so that
    > commands can be executed from "rsh" from the Windows XP side?

    Perhaps by the time that you learn on your own how to do that you might
    also have learned *why* the service is disabled.

    SSH is enabled by default and is accessible from Windows using PuTTy.

  4. Re: how to execute RSH command from Windows?

    Dave Uhring wrote:
    > SSH is enabled by default and is accessible from Windows using PuTTy.

    I like Cygwin better, it gives you bash, OpenSSH, awk, perl, X, etc...
    Fairly large if you install the whole thing, but it's worth it if you have to
    use Win****

  5. Re: how to execute RSH command from Windows?

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:55:40 -0400, Oscar del Rio wrote:

    > Dave Uhring wrote:
    >> SSH is enabled by default and is accessible from Windows using PuTTy.

    > I like Cygwin better, it gives you bash, OpenSSH, awk, perl, X, etc...
    > Fairly large if you install the whole thing, but it's worth it if you have to
    > use Win****

    But that takes one away from all that wonderfully innovative user
    experience which one expects from the premier software supplier of the
    known and unknown universe.

    BTW, you don't really have to use **** instead of "****".

+ Reply to Thread