how do I find from a zone - Solaris

This is a discussion on how do I find from a zone - Solaris ; If I log into a zone, how can I locate the global zone-name, the global zone's IP address, and the global zone's hostname? Thanks doverbey@optonline.net PS, sorry for cross posting...

  1. how do I find from a zone

    If I log into a zone, how can I locate the global zone-name, the global
    zone's IP address, and the global zone's hostname?

    Thanks
    doverbey@optonline.net

    PS, sorry for cross posting

  2. Re: how do I find from a zone

    "Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > "Overbey" writes:
    > > If I log into a zone, how can I locate the global zone-name, the global
    > > zone's IP address, and the global zone's hostname?

    > Global zone name is "global".
    >
    > You would have to implement some way to get the other info
    > in your particular configuration. In the general case, there's
    > no guarantee that what the global zone thinks it's hostname
    > is will mean the same thing in any other zone. Likewise for
    > IP address (particularly in the case of exclusive IP stacks).
    >
    > After you have installed a zone but before booting it for the
    > first time, the global zone could drop a file into the zone
    > with such information in it.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Gabriel
    > [email address is not usable -- followup in the newsgroup]

    Thanks, I will give that a try.
    thanks again
    Dudley

+ Reply to Thread