Problems after Update - Solaris

This is a discussion on Problems after Update - Solaris ; Hello, some of my gnome desktop applications doesn't start anymore after the system update. One simple example is the firefox. If try to start this application manually it produces the following output. bash-3.2$ firefox ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: /usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so: corrupt or ...

  1. Problems after Update

    Hello,

    some of my gnome desktop applications doesn't start anymore after the
    system update. One simple example is the firefox. If try to start this
    application manually it produces the following output.

    bash-3.2$ firefox
    ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: /usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so: corrupt or
    truncated file
    ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: libxul.so: open failed: No such file or
    directory
    ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: /usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so: corrupt or
    truncated file
    ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: libxul.so: open failed: No such file or
    directory
    ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: relocation error: file
    /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin: symbol kPStaticModules: referenced symbol
    not found
    /usr/lib/firefox/run-mozilla.sh: line 143: 794: Killed

    The thunderbird application is running. Whats going wrong?

    Stefan

  2. Re: Problems after Update

    On 2008-08-08 19:56:48 +0100, Stefan Sprungk said:

    > Hello,
    >
    > some of my gnome desktop applications doesn't start anymore after the
    > system update. One simple example is the firefox. If try to start this
    > application manually it produces the following output.
    >
    > bash-3.2$ firefox
    > ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: /usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so: corrupt or
    > truncated file
    > ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: libxul.so: open failed: No such file or directory
    > ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: /usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so: corrupt or
    > truncated file
    > ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: libxul.so: open failed: No such file or directory
    > ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: relocation error: file
    > /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin: symbol kPStaticModules: referenced symbol
    > not found
    > /usr/lib/firefox/run-mozilla.sh: line 143: 794: Killed
    >
    > The thunderbird application is running. Whats going wrong?

    Your SUNWfirefox download was corrupt, and pkg didn't notice :-(( The
    fix suggested on indiana-discuss for this problem was to:

    ---
    1) clear your download cache
    pfexec rm -Ir /var/pkg/download

    2) reinstall SUNWfirefox